What a way to start the day. Yesterday, I was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award. It’s an award given to bloggers by bloggers, and it means as much as it does because it is from one of my best friends, the wonderful Courtney of Sycamore Grove. I heart her so very much! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
How It Works:
1. Add the award icon to your blog!
2. Link to your nominator to say thank you.
3. Each blogger should post 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, & create 11 questions for your nominations to answer.
5. Choose 11 up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers, go to their blog, and tell them about the award.
Facts About Me:
1. As of November 22, 2012, I have been with my husband for a grand total of 8 years (both dating and married). Hard to believe, honestly. I am so very blessed.
2. I am expecting my first child, a daughter, within the next 1.5 to 2 weeks.
3. I am an avid story/drama/imagination addict. I don’t know what my world would be like without Story.
4. I was born in Florida but grew up in the Caribbean, only to end up living in land-locked Indiana.
5. I love Mad Men-era vintage clothing. I love feeling classy and classic. Can’t wait to get to the point when I can return to my dresses once my little lady is born.
6. I often fall in love with fictional characters and sometimes very, very hard. Most break my heart but some can never be tarnished.
7. I am two degrees from Mehcad Brooks (“True Blood” and “Necessary Roughness”).
8. I have a red Caliber named Calleigh Duquesne (I seriously couldn’t resist).
9. When I was in grad school, I was published in Parma Nole, the Journal of Heren Istarion: The Northeast Tolkien Society. Twice.
10. I started bellydancing in 2007 and have found a beauty and confidence in dance that I never imagined I could.
11. I love online RPGs. I currently play in two Hero System X-men games and have also built both Hogwarts and Fables forum-based rp games. LOVE IT!
1.Do you still think about your first love?
Yes, I do. At least he was what I could, at 14 years old, think of as my first love. We’re friends on Facebook even. Not that he knows that I head over heels for him. LOL
2. What three people (alive, dead, or fictional) would you like to have lunch with?
Louisa May Alcott, my elder sister Jodi, and Queen Elizabeth I
3. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
Hmm. I honestly have no idea. Oh, wait. I tried some eel once when out to sushi with the hubby and his best friend. That was NOT pleasant.
4. What’s your favorite punctuation mark? Or grammatical rule?
I love hyphenated adjectives, honestly. For example: prettily-dressed, hurriedly-finished, hastily-improvised. They are such fun! ^_^
5. What’s your go-to way to pamper yourself?
Long, hot bath. Then I rub all over with a dark, spicy lotion (like Black Amethyst or Sensuality: Black Currant Vanilla from Bath and Body Works), massaging my neck, shoulders, and feet. Add a little purple satin nightie. Then crawl into bed with a good book.
6. In light of the Holiday Season, what’s your favorite family tradition?
Thanksgiving Day, after dinner, we all relax/doze on the couches and watch “White Christmas”, singing along together, of course.
7. Can you dance?
Yes, and rather well so I am told.
8. In the soundtrack of your life, what’s your theme song?
“I AM” by Nichole Nordeman
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
At the risk of quoting my husband’s “girlfriend” Rachel Weiss, “I, sir, [want to be] a librarian!”
10. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I wouldn’t. I like it; it’s grown on me after 29 years.
11. Write your epitaph.
Don Pedro: Your silence most offends me, and to be merry best becomes you; for, out of question, you were born in a merry hour.
Beatrice: No, sure, my lord, my mother cried; but then there was a star danced, and under that was I born. (Much Ado About Nothing II.i.301-306)
1. What was your favorite story while growing up?
2. Do you play any instruments?
3. Do you dance when no one is watching?
4. If you could live in any historical era, what would it be?
5. What are you reading currently?
6. What subject would your friends consider you an expert on (social, academic, what have you)?
7. What is the pet that you ALWAYS wanted but was never able to get?
8. If you were a noble lord or lady, would your motto be?
9. What song automatically warms your heart when it starts to play?
10. Why are you so passionate about your blog?