Cross-posted from my mommy blog.
We interrupt our regularly scheduled program to bring you this special post. My little girl is 11 months old today! YAY! One month more. She’s growing so quickly, I tell you.
Elizabeth is now:
- smiling socially at almost everyone; it’s rare that she isn’t at ease with people.
- imitating and practicing the sounds that you make, like ‘m’, ‘b’, and ‘g’, and expecting you to imitate/talk with her.
- clapping her hands when she’s pleased or enjoying something (she apparently stood on her feet for a full minute and clapped at “Fraggle Rock” last night).
- saying “mama” and “dada” with some discrimination.
- recognizing faces and voices, such as her grandparents, and shows joy at them and is sad/cries when they leave.
- very social with other babies, the few times she’s been around them.
- standing on her own, walk with her walker or assistance, as well as take a few steps on her own (her first two came on 11-12-13).
- holding steady at only two teeth on the bottom but we shall see how things progress.
- constantly on the move, playing, exploring, etc. She is only still when she sleeps.
Elizabeth loves to sit and look at pictures of her family. She has a little book with pictures in plastic envelopes of her family and she likes to sit and thumb through it. She is learning to turn the pages in books and that is one of her favorite things to do….besides eat the books. She loves paper and will probably poop out a book one of these days.
I am amazed day by day, even when I am weary, worn, and frustrated. She never ceases to amaze me.